- September/October 2021 NL$8.95
- Halsey Trail Ride. Horse lovers gather for their annual reunion among the pines in the Nebraska National Forest. Story and photos by Alan J. Bartels.
- Offut Lab. Modern day heroes work to identify Americans lost during war. Story by Sarah Woodman Kansteiner.
- DeGroot’s Orchard. Drivers detour for roadside produce from Madison’s five-generation DeGroot family. Story by Nina Buck.
- Fort Calhoun Meat Market. Artisan butcher uses traditional techniques to “cure” homesickness near Omaha. Story by Jackie Fox. Photos by Kenzie Hunter Hokanson.
- Erik Johnson. Lincoln resident explores Nebraska with camera in hand seeking out stunning images on the edge of day and night. Story by Alan J. Bartels. Photos by Erik Johnson.
- Straight Arrow Bison Ranch. Bison return to their historic range in Custer County. Story and photos by Alan J. Bartels.
- Wahoo’s Famous Sons. Saunders County is blessed with more than its fair share of notable Nebraskans. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Nebraska Kitchens. A bushel of apple recipes sweeten autumn in Nebraska. Recipes by the DeGroot family. Photos by Chris Amundson.
- Combo - Nebraska Traveler 2021 + 1yr Subscription$24.00Nebraska Life takes readers on a virtual tour of the Cornhusker State through beautiful photography and expert storytelling in a glossy keepsake print magazine. Six bimonthly issues feature travel, history, nature, recipes, Nebraska trivia and characters who define our way of life in Nebraska. Plus, every issue has a photography contest, Nebraska poetry, events and travel tips. Gift subscriptions include FREE gift announcement.
Explore Nebraska with this colorful and useful guide from the travel experts at Nebraska Life. Includes Nebraska’s historic sites, state parks, scenic byways and helpful information about our community attractions, dining, lodging and events.
- Nebraska Life Magazine Subscription$24.00
Nebraska Life takes readers on a virtual tour of the Cornhusker State through beautiful photography and expert storytelling in a glossy keepsake print magazine. Six bimonthly issues feature travel, history, nature, recipes, Nebraska trivia and characters who define our way of life in Nebraska. Plus, every issue has a photography contest, Nebraska poetry, events and travel tips. Gift subscriptions include FREE gift announcement.
Renew or start a new subscription for yourself or as a gift for family and friends. $24 for 1 year (6 issues) or $42 for 2 years (12 issues).
- Nebraska Traveler 2021 NL$8.95Explore Nebraska with this colorful and useful guide from the travel experts at Nebraska Life. Includes Nebraska’s historic sites, state parks, scenic byways and helpful information about our community attractions, dining, lodging and events.
- July/August 2021$8.95
- Norfolk’s Rocketeer. Shoe salesman Orville Carlisle kicked childhood fun up a notch with his inventive model rockets.
- Detasseling. Lessons learned in the corn last generations for Nebraska’s hardworking youngsters.
- Cherry County Refuges. Wildlife havens are welcome to people who seek refuges in the Sandhills.
- John G. Neihardt. Named Nebraska’s poet laureate a century ago, John G. Neihardt’s poetry remains impactful and relevant.
- Burwell Rodeo. The year 2021 marks 100 years of Nebraska’s Big Rodeo. The celebration continues in Burwell.
- ‘Berry’ Good Recipes. Pucker up for four berry recipes. Yum!
- Old West Balloon Fest. If Western Nebraska is Flyover Country, then there is no other place these balloon pilots and aviation fans would rather be.
- May/June 2021 NL$8.95
- Chimney Rock. Father and child memories pass to a new generation at Nebraska landmark. Story and photos by Derrald Farnsworth-Livingston.
- County Courthouses. Architecture, history and the culture of Nebraska’s people are preserved at the seat of county government. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Omaha Mounted Police. Equines and their two-legged partners patrol Omaha streets while trotting into the hearts of residents. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Lincoln Foraging. Wild edibles found and harvested in Near South Neighborhood. Story and photos by Sarah Woodman Kansteiner.
- Found Underground. Fossil attractions rise to the surface and allow visitors to step into Nebraska’s ancient past. Story by Tom Hess.
- 100 Years at Chadron State Park. Nebraska’s first state park doesn’t look a day over 99. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Bob Gibson. Omaha pitcher created homerun memories on and off the field. Story by Varro “Jack” Clarke.
- Nebraska Kitchens. This trio of tasty potato salad recipes proves there is more than one way to skin a tater.
- March/April 2021 NL$8.95
- Photographer Rick Rasmussen. The spring migration through the Platte River Valley is sandhill crane crunch time for Grand Island photographer Rick Rasmussen. Story by Alan J. Bartels. Photographs by Rick Rasmussen.
- Astronaut Clayton Anderson. Giving up was never an option for Ashland’s space traveler. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Spring Photo Essay. Our state’s most talented photographers zoom in on flowers, baby animals and greening spring landscapes across Nebraska.
- St. Cecilia Cathedral. Omaha’s faithful gaze up at twin limestone towers pointing to the havens as this architectural wonder looks out over the Big O. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Nebraska Kitchens. The Cornhusker State’s classic Reuben sandwich inspires “Reubenized” recipes in time for St. Patty’s Day.
- January/February 2021 NL$8.95
- Greatest Huskers of All Time. Experts agree: deciding the best Nebraska Cornhusker football players of all time is a coin toss. Suit up for our fantasy team roster and then tell us your favorite Cornhusker football heroes. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- North Platte Canteen. Hometown Nebraska hospitality rode the rails from North Platte to the foreign fields of World War II. The 10-minute train stops stayed with visiting military men and women the rest of their lives. Story by Sheryl Schmeckpeper.
- Barns of Nebraska. Photographers capture rural landmarks through lofty images of days gone by.
- Middle Loup River Tanking. Winter adventures heat up downstream of Mullen during the heart of a Nebraska winter. Story and photographs by Alan J. Bartels.
- Nebraska Kitchens. Shared family recipes add a pinch of warmth to family gatherings.
- November/December 2020 NL$8.95
- Moonrise. The rising moon and setting sun paint Hitchcock County with autumnal hues after Thanksgiving dinner. Story by Nancy Marquette Hashman. Photographs by John Neukirch.
- Warm Up to Winter. Nebraska’s most talented photographers color Nebraska Life calendars with years’ worth of winter beauty.
- Antioch: Potash Boomtown. Ancient ruins provide a glimpse into a town and industry that blossomed almost overnight during World War I. Fading memories remain a century later within the Sandhills families who live there. Story by Sheryl Schmeckpeper. Photographs by Alan J. Bartels and Joshua Hardin.
- Flavors of Court Street. Bakers, brewers and restaurateurs serve flavorful quality of life where Court Street runs through Beatrice. Story and photographs by Alan J. Bartels.
- International Quilt Museum. Just in time for winter, quilts from around the world join Nebraska’s handcrafted heritage in a one-of-a-kind museum in Lincoln. Story by Nina Buck.
- Cookie Day. Family traditions rise by the baker’s dozen when the holiday season brings loved ones together in Dakota City. Story by Jennifer Troester.
- Combo - "Not Afraid to Try New Recipes" Apron + Nebraska Life SubscriptionSpecial Price $34.00 was $39.95Roll up your sleeves and put on our new apron while you try the recipes from the newest issue of Nebraska Life. Makes a great gift for your Nebraska cook.
- Combo - T-Shirt + 1-yr Subscription$34.95All a Nebraskan wants for the holidays is the Good Life which is why we're combining a one-year Nebraska Life subscription with a comfy tee that shows off Nebraska pride. Big red and bright this short-sleeve T-shirt reads “Once a Nebraskan Always a Nebraskan." This cotton and polyester shirt will make a comfortable and cherished gift for all the Nebraskans in your life whether they live across the street or around the world.
Whether it's a gift for friends and family – or a gift from you to you – Nebraska Life enriches the Nebraska experience. Our staff members have collected golden nuggets from every corner of the state with the mission to take readers on a true statewide tour featuring everything from small towns to big adventures.
- Combo - Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 3 + 1-yr Subscription$44.95A big savings! Enjoy a 1-year subscription and Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Volume 3.