Books, Calendars & DVDs
- Nebraska Traveler 2023 NL$8.95Explore Nebraska with this colorful and useful guide from the travel experts at Nebraska Life. Includes Nebraska’s historic sites, state parks, scenic byways and helpful information about our community attractions, dining, lodging and events.
- 2024 Nebraska Life Wall Calendar$12.95
No matter where you live the most beautiful Nebraska landscapes cityscapes and wildlife scenes in Nebraska can be seen every day of the year in the 2024 Nebraska Life wall calendar. Every time you add appointments or check important dates you'll be reminded of Nebraska's natural beauty with these colorful images from the state's most talented photographers. This calendar is a work of art suitable for work or home and it makes a great gift to Nebraska residents and people living elsewhere who will always be Nebraskans at heart.
- Nebraska Life Combo - 2024 Wall Calendar + 1-yr Subscription$39.95Get a jump on 2024 by giving the loved ones in your life the new 2024 Nebraska Life wall calendar and 1-year Nebraska Life subscription combo. Six times each year they will remember your generosity when their next issue arrives. And they will love the beautiful Nebraska photography in this 12-month calendar complete with space for noting meaningful family gatherings community events and other and important dates. Give the gift of Nebraska with Nebraska Life.
- Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 3$14.95Enjoy our newest 160-page, hardcover cookbook featuring 184 delicious recipies from Nebraska, including Irish Immigrant Sugar Cookies, Poor Man's Filet Mignon, German Fruit Pie, Kraut Buns and fruit-filled Bohemian Kolaches. Discover entertaining Nebraska stories, along with stunning photography of mouth-watering dishes. Order today for all the Nebraska cooks in your life.
- Combo - Cookbook Vol. 3 + Apron$35.00Thanks to Nebraska's chefs and bakers we are serving up a heaping 184 recipes in our Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 3. Roll up your sleeves and put on our new apron while you try the Cinnamon Tea Ring Kraut Buns or one of the delicious holiday desserts. Makes a great gift for your Nebraska cook.
- Combo - Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 3 + 1-yr Subscription$45.00A big savings! Enjoy a 1-year subscription and Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Volume 3.
- "Nebraska" DVD & Blu-Ray Combo Pack$28.95Nebraska's own Academy Award-winning director Alexander Payne returned to his home state to create a timeless heart-warming film about family and the antics that result when they hit the road together. Follow along with Woody Grant (Bruce Dern) and son David Grant (Will Forte) as they travel from Montana through Nebraska with a layover in Hawthorne (Plainview) to Lincoln to claim a sweepstakes “prize.” The cast of “Nebraska” also includes June Squibb as Woody's wife Kate plus a host of other real-life Nebraskans and real-life Nebraska landmarks cast as notable extras. The original screenplay was written by Hartington-native Bob Nelson. “Nebraska” belongs in the home library of every Nebraskan. This film is rated R for language.
Order the Blu-ray Combo here today from Nebraska Life Magazine and enjoy extras including access to a digital version of the film features about the filming locations and the challenges of filming in black and white. The 2-disk combo includes the DVD feature film the Blu-Ray feature film + special feature: The Making of “Nebraska” iTunes digital download and access to digital HD streamed and downloaded on your computer tablet or smart phone.
- Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 2$23.95Can't get enough Nebraska home cooking? This 128-page hardcover companion book to Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Volume 1 serves up another feast of Nebraska flavors. Loyal Nebraska Life Magazine readers from as far away as Alaska warm hearts and fill tummies with 150 recipes including such treasures as Fruit Pizza Pecan Nut French Toast Birthday Popcorn and the historic recipe for Potter's Tin Roof Sundae. A dazzling array of color photography is the perfect seasoning for every delectable page of this keepsake cookbook.
- Nebraska Life Magazine Subscription$30.00
Nebraska Life takes readers on a virtual tour of the Cornhusker State through beautiful photography and expert storytelling in a glossy keepsake print magazine. Six bimonthly issues feature travel, history, nature, recipes, Nebraska trivia and characters who define our way of life in Nebraska. Plus, every issue has a photography contest, Nebraska poetry, events and travel tips. Gift subscriptions include FREE gift announcement.
Renew or start a new subscription for yourself or as a gift for family and friends. $30 for 1 year (6 issues) or $52 for 2 years (12 issues).
- Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook Vol. 1$23.95Hungry to learn about Nebraska's best-kept recipes? The ravenous readers ofNebraska Life Magazinefill this hardcover book with 112 mouthwatering pages sharing recipes tips and stories for Minden's Apple French Toast Omaha's Zucchini Casserole and oh so much more. Vibrant color photography brings this book's 134 recipes to life andNebraska LifeEditor Christopher Amundson reveals the guarded family secret of Grandma Gutzmann's Fruit Soup.