September/October 2022 NL
- SKU: NL-MG-SO2022
- What do antique tractor parts, vintage cowboy boots and a wooden duck have in common? They’re all up for grabs at the Wahoo Swap, a treasure hunt for classic car mechanics, fashionistas and DIY home decorators – and vendor fees support a good cause. Story and photographs by Megan Feeney.
- The beautiful Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway stretches from Grand Island to Alliance. In part one of our two-part story, Nebraska Life photo editor Josh Hardin encounters historical artifacts, scarfs a delicious hot dog and ducks cliff swallows hunting insects over the Middle Loup River. Story and photographs by Josh Hardin.
- Seven examples of modern Nebraska architecture These inspired buildings provide Nebraskans with places to work, worship, study and play. Story by Tom Hess.
- As the Beef State, Nebraska has the “turf” portion handled. Now a family-owned McCook shrimp farm is delivering the “surf.” A delicious inland sea adventure in aquaculture awaits. Story and photographs by Alan Bartels.
- A farm boy from Eustis served four U.S. presidents and became a trailblazer in world trade. Nebraska shaped Clayton Yeutter; then, he carved a new path for American agriculture. Story by Joseph Weber.
- The festivities continue! As Nebraska Life celebrates its 25th year, we highlight other singular Nebraskan institutions that make us a great state: the Unicameral, public power and Teammates Mentoring Program. Story by Megan Feeney.
- Nebraska Harvest Time: Gardeners and farmers from across the state toiled through the hottest months. In autumn, they reap bountiful harvests of apples and wheat, corn and peppers. Nebraska photographers document the visual feast. Story by Megan Feeney.
- Diners prepare for plant power! Peanuts get the main-course treatment with these original recipes by Amber Pankonin, a Lincoln-based registered dietitian and personal chef.