September/October 2020 NL
- SKU: NL-MG-SO2020
- Junk Jaunt. Relic hunters, hagglers, wheelers, dealers and colorful collectors hit the road in search of rusty gold during Central Nebraska’s 500-mile-long garage sale. One man’s junk is another’s treasure when Nebraskans clean out their attics, closets and barns. Story by Jennifer Troester. Photographs by Darin Epperly.
- Omaha Fall Foliage. With more than 4 million trees, Nebraska’s largest city lights up with a colorful seasonal kaleidoscope when autumn arrives in Omaha. Story by Alan J. Bartels. Photographs by AJ Dahm.
- Merrick Strip. Nebraska’s frontier past and a healthy dose of political wrangling combine for a cartographic oddity leaving Merrick County with an eternal thumbs up. Story by James J. Kimble. Photographs by Alan J. Bartels.
- Tumbleweeds Stand Tall. Adaptable weeds with a knack for survival roll across Nebraska like our state’s hardy pioneers. Story by Nancy Marquette Hashman.
- State Symbols. Raise a glass of Kool-Aid as we celebrate meadowlarks, mammoths, cottonwoods and the other icons that define our state. Learn how to suggest your own state symbols, too. Story by Alan J. Bartels.