Writing Or Photography Correspondent
Nebraska Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Nebraska for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Nebraska who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Nebraska Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagship Publishing is hiring an Advertising Account Manager in Windsor, Colorado to help with advertising sales for our three statewide magazines: Colorado Life, Nebraska Life and Utah Life.
- Prospect, pitch, follow-up and close sales to advertising clients such as businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Research clients and learn to communicate in effective ways specific to every client.
- While managing multiple lists for all three magazines, manage and follow-up on prior conversations, listen to their needs and ensure the sale can be closed.
- Communicate with prospective and existing clients through phone, mail, email and in person (post-pandemic).
- Work with the editorial team to prospect new advertising clients and pair ads with editorial.
- Brainstorm and pitch special sections to ensure goals are reached.
- Remain organized to ensure every stone is turned, every person has been communicated with and goals can be met.
- Generate accurate sales reports and forecasts.
- Engage with team members and management on sales, goals and strategies.
- Other duties as assumed, assigned and developed as you grow in our company.
Skills & Qualifications
- Professional organizational habits
- Excellent writing skills (email, mail, etc.)
- Excellent phone communication/sales skills
- Daily drive to succeed
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated understanding of sales processes and techniques
- Passion for print publications
- Motivation to learn, succeed and grow every day
- Flexibility in hours
- Willing to work as a team
- Technology savvy
- Read, learn and know the magazines inside and out
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in business administration, sales, marketing, integrated communications, journalism, advertisings sales, media studies or related degree
Pay & Benefits
$40,000-$60,000 per year in a mix of base + commission. We offer company-sponsored retirement, vacation, holidays, paid sick time, maternity leave and continuing education reimbursement.
How to apply
To apply, email cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com