Nebraska Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Nebraska for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Nebraska who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Nebraska Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagship Publishing, the publisher of Nebraska Life Magazine, is hiring an ADVERTISING DIRECTOR to lead advertising sales efforts for our statewide subscriber magazine and related media products in the Nebraska market.
Ideal applicants will be outgoing and organized communicators with a deep love of Nebraska who can strategize and execute sales and marketing plans.
LOCATION: Remote in Nebraska with occasional travel around Nebraska
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply by emailing cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
- Communicate with convention and visitor bureaus, museums, hotels, small businesses and community leaders across Nebraska and other states via email, phone, direct mail marketing and in-person meetings
- Develop and deliver marketing proposals to clients, answer their questions and be of service to them
- Plan and initiate outbound marketing campaigns to support sales efforts - email blasts, direct mail campaigns and industry trade shows
- Prepare sales budgets, forecasts and other reports
- Keep accurate notes and records in CRM
- Other duties and responsibilities relating to sales, marketing and customer service
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, marketing, sales, business, English or applicable field
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills - phone, personalized email, email marketing, direct mail marketing
- 2 years of professional experience in advertising, marketing, communications or sales
- Planner/organizer with proven history of getting tasks done
- Goal-oriented and self-driven to succeed
- Excels working independently with occasional team interaction
- Microsoft Office and CRM skills
- A "people person" who likes to communicate with clients by phone, email and in person